Cerberus is the display board currently located outside the clubroom by the door.
UCC Machine History
Cerberus is was donated to the clubroom in 2015 from the UWA Business school. It sat around outside before it was installed with it's previous setup by [BG3] and [TBB].
Since a reinstall done by [FVP] February 2018 the machine now runs Linux using nodm with matchbox window manager and Firefox.
Current Machine Tasks
- Display events and coke prices
- Display UCC propaganda
Managing Cerberus content
Look in /services/http/kiosk/ to find the HTML/JS/CSS source for Cerberus.
The file script/config.js contains all the relevant information for configuring Cerberus.
= "Low-level" configuration
Current Software Configuration
X11 (using static custom configuration at /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-cerberus.conf)
VNC (listens on localhost:5900)
NoDM (starts X session as user cerberus with custom session script at /usr/local/bin/cerberus-session)
- matchbox-window-manager (minimal window manager, no custom configuration required)
Firefox (opened by cerberus-session and set fullscreen with xdotool to send F11 key): opens https://www.ucc.asn.au/kiosk/index.html.
Current hardware configuration
- 8GB DDR3 RAM (4x2GB)
- AMD Radeon HD 5850 dedicated graphics
- See above-mentioned Xorg config for details.
- upper screen connected to DVI-1
- middle screen connected to DVI-0
lower screen connected to DisplayPort-0
- Bluetooth mouse/keyboard combo; placed on top of shelf to right of main door.
Future Plans for the Machine
Integrate with the dispense system.
[BG3] and [TBB] for setting up Cerberus UWA Buisness School for their donation