converted to 1.6 markup
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
|* Melanopus was donated to the UCC in 2005 by [http://www.fugro-fsi.com/ Fugro Seismic Imaging].||* Melanopus was donated to the UCC in 2005 by [[http://www.fugro-fsi.com/|Fugro Seismic Imaging]].|
|Line 44:||Line 44:|
| * [http://www.compaq.com/ Compaq Corporation]
* [http://www.digital.com/ Digital Equipment Corporation]
* [http://www.fugro-fsi.com/ Fugro Seismic Imaging]
* [http://www.alpha11.com/alpha11.html Samsung Alpha-11 Project]
| * [[http://www.compaq.com/|Compaq Corporation]]
* [[http://www.digital.com/|Digital Equipment Corporation]]
* [[http://www.fugro-fsi.com/|Fugro Seismic Imaging]]
* [[http://www.alpha11.com/alpha11.html|Samsung Alpha-11 Project]]
1. The Red and Black Anemonefish [Amphiprion melanopus] usually has one white bar on the head behind the eye, although some fish lack a bar. Its breast, belly and dorsal fin are red to orange. Much of the side of the body is black.
How/where the machine was maintained
Melanopus was donated to the UCC in 2005 by Fugro Seismic Imaging.
History prior to arriving to UCC
- Melanopus was the GFS locking server for FSI's filesystem cluster.
UCC machine history
- Melanopus is sitting in the clubroom as a user machine, where Seriola used to live.
Current machine tasks
- General purpose Linux desktop machine;
Current software configuration
- Debian Sarge, GNOME
Current hardware configuration
- 2x 733MHz Alpha EV67 processors with 8MB cache
- 1.5GB RAM
- 18GB SCSI disc
Future plans for the machine
- Onboard USB is meant to be supported by the OHCI driver, but doesn't seem to work under the latest Linux 2.4.
- Something in Debian's Linux 2.6 kernels prevents sd_mod from loading properly. No SCSI driver == bad.
- Fugro Seismic Imaging for their donation of the machine, and
- PXY and TRS for making it work.