have at it!
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|Routing and switching at UCC is done on three core switches and a linux-based router. There are eight VLANs hosted in the club, as well as additional four which are trunked in from ITS.
== Layer One ==
=== Uplink ===
There is a long piece of CAT5 running through the walls from the machine room to the Guild machine room in Cameron Hall (across from UWAnime). This plugs in to a 100M D-Link media converter, which leads to a similar media converter in the Guild comms room in the main Guild building. Our uplink is into an ITS managed switch called 'cruzob'.
=== Machine Room ===
The machine rooms contains three core switches and a router:
* Olive, a 24-port Cisco Catalyst 2900 series switch.
* Lorenzo, a 48-port Cisco Catalyst 2950 series with some dead ports and dual gigabit uplinks.
* Curviceps, a 48-port HP Procurve with full gig ports.
* Madako, a linux-based router running iptables.
These are all labeled and in the rack. There is also a patch panel for the clubroom wall-ports at the top of the rack.
=== Clubroom ===
There is CAT5 cabling run from a patch panel at the top of the rack to a number of wall ports throughout the room. Where not enough wall-ports are available, there are small 5-port unmanaged switches used to attach more devices to the network.
== Layer Two ==
=== Internal VLANs ===
UCC uses seven VLANs internally for various purposes:
* VLAN 1: Network and server management.
* VLAN 2: Machine room network.
* VLAN 3: Clubroom network.
* VLAN 5: Loft network (used for LANs).
* VLAN 6: Wireless network.
* VLAN 7: Printers.
* VLAN 8: Netboot (Ubuntu port)
=== External VLANs ===
ITS trunks to us the following VLANs:
* VLAN 11: SNAP.
* VLAN 13: Our main uplink, provides us our internet connection and address space.
* VLAN 102: Guild clubs. Not used by UCC, forwarded on to UniSFA.
== Layer Three ==
Layer three at UCC is pretty nasty, and the firewall script alone probable deserves its own article. However, a brief summary of how it all works:
=== Subnets ===
There are a number of IP ranges used at UCC for various things:
* 18.104.22.168/24 is the public address space for our AARNet connection. Incoming, non-peering traffic to these addresses is charged at 4c/mb. This range is routed to us via VLAN 13.
* 22.214.171.124/29 is the public address space for our Silk connection. Traffic to and from these addresses is unmetered. This range is also routed to us via VLAN 13.
* 10.13.13.0/24 is a private range used for network printers. These addresses reside on VLAN 7 and are not routed outside.
* 10.203.13.0/24 is our address range on the Resnet (college) network. Routed via VLAN 13.
* 172.26.42.96/27 is the range we use for PPTP.
* 126.96.36.199/27 is the wireless network range.
|F0pAb7 <a href="http://vijhkdmlxdlh.com/">vijhkdmlxdlh</a>, [url=http://sauudmrdvdpa.com/]sauudmrdvdpa[/url], [link=http://yxrlfgbyeefa.com/]yxrlfgbyeefa[/link], http://xiirwlkwongo.com/