Thought I'd get the ball rolling - [com]
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
|. O'Day is on between '''time-range, date'''. UCC is stall '''number, description'''.||. O'Day is on between 1030h - 1530h WDST, 29th February 2008.[[BR]] UCC is stall '''number, description'''.|
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
|'''Do we have any left to sell or should we run more? (who will do a stocktake?).''' This is money for jam from repeat members. Make sure you've got enough.||Count as of 16th Feb, 8:53PM
S: 2 M: 1 L: 9 XL: 4 XXL: 1
|Line 18:||Line 20:|
|* StevenLazidis: I think the free drink thing for new members worked well last year, the machine needed a sign though, the freshers couldn't find it sitting in plain sight in the middle of the room.|
|Line 22:||Line 25:|
|* Update posters of various groups (Coke, Door etc)|
|Line 39:||Line 43:|
|/!\ We are not allowed to mention the fact that the Bright link gets us free Internet traffic until the person we're marketing to is a member.
. DavydMadeley: what if we're asked a direct question (also, why the hell not?) OK, maybe we are, but don't plug it too hard. -- DavidAdam
|Line 45:||Line 46:|
|Freshers Guide: status?: based on http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/ucc-test/freshers-guide-2007.pdf||See http://zanchey.ucc.asn.au/ucc-2008/ for all publications.|
|Line 47:||Line 48:|
|Forms: status?: based on http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/ucc-test/2007membershipform.pdf||Freshers Guide: ''first draft written'' Assigned to [LAW] and [DAA] - based on http://www.ucc.asn.au/infobase/freshguide/freshers-guide-2007.odt|
|Line 49:||Line 50:|
|Cards: status?||Forms: ''in progress'': based on http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/ucc-test/2007membershipform.pdf
Cards: ''in progress'' Nominally ready for printing. Assigned to [DAA]
|Line 54:||Line 57:|
| * StevenLazidis - All day - wherever needed.
* Byron Pogson - All day (at this stage) - where ever needed
* Conrad Pogson - All Day, wherever needed.
* LukeWilliams - All day, Clubroom Welcoming Committee
* Alix Chinnery - Morning until 2pm (ish) - at the stall, wherever needed.
|Line 56:||Line 64:|
|* Fresher's Guide||* Fresher's Guide - writing day on 16 Feb|
|Line 60:||Line 68:|
|* drink vouchers '''(do we need more stickers?)'''||* drink vouchers - get stickers from DavydMadeley|
|Line 62:||Line 70:|
|* print posters (DavidAdam)||* print posters|
|Line 66:||Line 74:|
|* vaccum clubroom||* vacuum clubroom|
|Line 68:||Line 76:|
| * get a marquee
* pick up tables, pinup boards
| * get marquee out of TRS' car
* pick up tables, pinup boards (bring $5 deposit)
Event planning for O'Day 2008.
For ideas and notes from previous years, see ["ODay2007"] and ["ODay2006"].
update with weather forecast and health and safety suggestions
O'Day is on between 1030h - 1530h WDST, 29th February 2008.BR UCC is stall number, description.
Count as of 16th Feb, 8:53PM
S: 2 M: 1 L: 9 XL: 4 XXL: 1
Grabbing New Members
SMS screen (any chance of this?)
- Arrange new-member escorts to the room - the bottom of Cameron Hall seemed to have a distinct "you're not supposed to be here" feel, and it would also give the new members a friend right off the bat.
- Arrange people to talk to small groups of freshers in the room.
- Either team up with other Cameron Hall clubs for BIG A2 signage on doors and ground outside or go it alone.
- Give new members a token for a free coke (their first dispense encounter!) and get them into the room for a chat with a few friendly 2nd years.
StevenLazidis: I think the free drink thing for new members worked well last year, the machine needed a sign though, the freshers couldn't find it sitting in plain sight in the middle of the room.
More cool things?
Big A0 posters are required. Any from last year still available?
Posters need to have the UCC name on them in an obvious way, rather than just being you-beaut pictures - it would be nice if poster designs were consistent. Who can help?
- Update posters of various groups (Coke, Door etc)
- UCC is older than the Deparment of Computer Science - 34th year this year.
- Cool stuff:
- Internet coke machine - only one in Australia!
- Manbo: Sun Enterprise server with 14 CPUs and 12 GB of RAM, running the latest Solaris Express
- Clubroom - dozens of different sorts of computers. Eat your e-mail, read your lunch.
- Access to webspace, e-mail, free WAIX
- For CS students: an excellent way to get exposure to the stuff you won't get taught.
- For non-CS students: a chance to play with the kind of equipment you only see in university and corporate environments.
- Gamers as well - LANs etc
- Not just a student club. Plenty of interesting people around
- People working on Mozilla, GNOME, Flock^WSongbird (Yakk's still old guard, right?), Linux, Avahi, plenty of other stuff
- A social club, too - our myraid events (like what?)
- Close relationship with other CH clubs - but you don't have to join them all
- Begin today by going up to the club, and come to Fresher's Welcome Pizza Night next week and AGM shortly after
WorldOfWarcraft is less of an issue this year, but try not to push the computer games thing too hard.
See http://zanchey.ucc.asn.au/ucc-2008/ for all publications.
Freshers Guide: first draft written Assigned to [LAW] and [DAA] - based on http://www.ucc.asn.au/infobase/freshguide/freshers-guide-2007.odt
Forms: in progress: based on http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/ucc-test/2007membershipform.pdf
Cards: in progress Nominally ready for printing. Assigned to [DAA]
(In name - time - what format)
StevenLazidis - All day - wherever needed.
- Byron Pogson - All day (at this stage) - where ever needed
- Conrad Pogson - All Day, wherever needed.
LukeWilliams - All day, Clubroom Welcoming Committee
- Alix Chinnery - Morning until 2pm (ish) - at the stall, wherever needed.
- Fresher's Guide - writing day on 16 Feb
- Membership forms
Membership cards (enough lamination pouches?)
- design posters
drink vouchers - get stickers from DavydMadeley
The few days before
- print posters
- check committee can add new members
- check machines are all working
On the day
- vacuum clubroom
- DECterm for drinks
- get marquee out of TRS' car
- pick up tables, pinup boards (bring $5 deposit)
- set up posters, banners