I may have been a fresher once, or even twice, but will vehemently deny it when it suits me. My name really is Bob. Ha, it's in a wiki so it must be true!
I'm also the guy you want to come and see if:
- you have an awesome hardware project you want to get started
you're looking for the president dictator
- you're interested in electronics and embedded devices
Look for someone else if:
- you're looking for something in the clubroom - the clubroom isn't that big, you can find things if you look
- I owe you money
- steam isn't working,. No really, I don't care.
- you think that rubber-dome keyboards are good
latest desktop build (tentative until I look at the price)
mobo: something with Z87 chipset, like the Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H @$290 http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=23663&cPath=1491
cpu: i7-4770 socket 1150 @ $355 http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=187_1490&products_id=23496
SSD: PCI-e SSD @ $479 http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=24452&cPath=909&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=export_feed&gclid=CJ3Zi8Cqgr0CFRFvvAodIp0Asg#googlebase
- gpu: second hand quadro 4000 or quadro 5000 off ebay (approx $400)
Total cost of upgrade: $1717