The Gumby Management System (GMS)
With LDAP/UCCSchema in place, the road is open for a web-based member management system that doesn't suck too badly.
- Members can log in and view their information
- Committee can log in and view other people's information
- Members can edit the relevant parts of their information
- Committee can log in and edit other people's information
Members can renew online (perhaps with automatic confirmation if they pay via PayPal?)
- This will probably require some sort of staging, such as storing changes in ou=pending within the uid's DN until they are confirmed by a committee member.
In the future
- Creating new accounts?
- GMS should only run over SSL
- GMS should let users authenticate as themselves to LDAP, at least for viewing
- However, attributes like uccAccountRenewed should probably not be writeable by users - GMS will probably need a service-specific LDAP account
- The updates that GMS makes will be logged in the LDAP audit log, which might need to be archived for a longer period of time. Alternatively, GMS could make its own logs.
== Other thigns to remember