This is a list of the keys and keyholders in and about the UCC. If you need to get into the tool cupboard or the drinks machine needs filling - this is who you should persecute!
These are Lockwood restricted keys. All the copies are themselves marked as "DO NOT COPY" whereas the originals are presumably not and could thus be copied further. All these keys are held by at least:
- Guild Student Centre (original)
- UWA Security (master key)
Aside from the electronic door system, a few people have a physical clubroom key which can be used to open the door in a more old fashioned way. These are:
- [MPT] President ("do not copy")
- [TEC] Vice President ("do not copy")
- [MLG] Treasurer ("do not copy")
- [PQZ] Secretary ("do not copy") - currently in the safe
- [TPG] ("do not copy")
Cameron Hall Card Access
The Guild has replaced the locks on both the main Cameron Hall entrance and the fire escape with new locks and electronic card access. Access is granted to anyone during the hours of 8am - 6pm during the week and (empirically) at least UWA students and staff members with a valid card at all other times.
Cameron Hall Upper & Lower
One key (upper) opens the door at the top of the stairs (not the fire escape) and the other key (lower) has now been rendered useless by the Guild's installation of new card access locks on both Cameron Hall lower doors (front & fire escape). They are still held by:
- [MPT] President ("do not copy" of each)
- [MLG] Treasurer ("do not copy" of each)
The machine room lock gets replaced every few years. Known keys are available at the following locations:
- [MPT] President
- [MLG] Treasurer
- In the lockbox (Lockwood original)
- In the safe (2 SILCA copies) -- cut at the same time as the President key by [MPT]
In the safe (Lockwood original) - the Lockwook key in the safe is not for this lock
This is the Coca Cola drinks vending machine situated in the UCC/UniSFA hallway. The keys are 1 centimetre round, for a barrel lock. We have two original keys and three copies. Keys are available from:
- [MPT] President (very worn SILCA copy)
- [TEC] Vice President (very worn SILCA copy)
- [MLG] Treasurer (newish-looking SILCA copy)
- In the lockbox (very worn SILCA copy)
This is the food vending machine situated in the UCC/UniSFA hallway. The keys are semi-cylindrical and we have one original and three copies.
- [MPT] President (Abloy original?)
- [TEC] Vice President ("Western Lock Service" copy)
- [MLG] Treasurer ("Western Lock Service" copy)
- In the lockbox (Abloy original?)
The UCC posting safe has three cross-shaped original keys. Unlike everything else on this page, we are reasonably certain that there are actually only three keys. These are held by:
- [MPT] President (original)
- [TEC] Vice President (original)
- [MLG] Treasurer (original)
Clubroom machine keys
The clubroom computers are locked to the desk using barrel locks, all identically keyed with a black-tagged grip. One key is in circulation at UCC (kept in the safe) and a large number of spares are kept by [BOB].
The lockbox is on the side of the machine room to the right of the door. The code is stored in uccpass for the benefit of (and restricted to):
- Committee group
- Door group
- Wheel group
The tool cupboard has a combination lock on it. The code is stored in uccpass and printed on the inside of the lockbox.
Have you tried the safe or the hook in the machine room?