1. The Red and Black Anemonefish [Amphiprion melanopus] usually has one white bar on the head behind the eye, although some fish lack a bar. Its breast, belly and dorsal fin are red to orange. Much of the side of the body is black.
How/where the machine was maintained
Melanopus was donated to the UCC in 2005 by Fugro Seismic Imaging.
History prior to arriving to UCC
- Melanopus was the GFS locking server for FSI's filesystem cluster.
UCC machine history
- Melanopus is sitting in the clubroom as a user machine, where Seriola used to live.
Current machine tasks
- General purpose Linux desktop machine;
Current software configuration
- Debian Sarge, GNOME
Current hardware configuration
- 2x 733MHz Alpha EV67 processors with 8MB cache
- 1.5GB RAM
- 18GB SCSI disc
Future plans for the machine
- Onboard USB is meant to be supported by the OHCI driver, but doesn't seem to work under the latest Linux 2.4.
- Something in Debian's Linux 2.6 kernels prevents sd_mod from loading properly. No SCSI driver == bad.
- Fugro Seismic Imaging for their donation of the machine, and
- PXY and TRS for making it work.