UCC projects that people could work on
- Planet UCC: "you should move the revision control to git and port it to support cheetah templates and generally make it less shit"
- GMS upgrades
- Set up new server
Install samba4: apt-get install --no-install-recommends samba4 ldb-tools attr
- Copy the old data
- Edit the old smb.conf to use an IP address instead of a domain name for the LDAP server.
Provision using classicupgrade: ./samba-tool domain classicupgrade --dbdir=/opt/samba-old/dbdir --use-xattrs=yes --realm ad.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au --dns-backend=SAMBA_INTERAL --verbose /opt/samba-old/smb.conf.pdc
- Test windows auth
- Work out linux auth / required properties - do we need an OpenLDAP proxy (if so, run a backup DC on the LDAP hosts?)
- Work out user adding
- Schema changes for MIFARE and migrate all the MIFARE IDs across.
- kerberos hahah oh god kill me now
Building from source requires ulimit -s unlimited to build the manpages (manifests as SIGBUS with xsltproc without it)
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-3000/ipsectm-1?a=view is the sun doco
sms screen ideas
config file? or just stat all the host file lists and take hostnames from that
joblist = dictionary of hosts with values as list of jobs output = dictionary of hosts with values as output push jobs (test directory, test server, clean old backups, run backup)
run a select loop, when the process completes
[__default__] duration_to_keep = 1 month exclude_sockets = True exclude_fifo = True exclude_devices = True backup_location = /backups sources = / include_list = None [machinename] hostname = (defaults to machinename) backup_location = (defaults to __defaults__/machinename)