This page is for discussions of how we can be involved in linux.conf.au 2014 at UWA. Dates:6-10th of January 2014
Give Away Free (short term) Accounts
[*OX] I suggest that we give away 'demo' UCC Accounts:
- Give away to anyone, not just conference attendee's
- Start giving away from 1st Jan
- Accounts Expires at End of month, unless membership paid.
- Put in a separate LDAP group? so easier to close
- Make a modified UCC-adduser script to facilitate
Web registration: http://matches.ucc.asn.au/cgi-bin/account_register.html
Saves to #sv file /home/wheel/matches/public-html/cgi-bin/accounts.dat
Then run: /home/wheel/bin/make_accounts.py
It uses pexpect to work with existing ucc-adduser script
- TODO: Manually remember to lock/delete accounts at end of month
- Offer clubroom and Cameron Hall as 'chill space'
- Investigate the practicality of relocating the Coke Machine to a high-volume conference area
- Maybe even moving more infrastructure depending on distance.
Offer Hardware Stuff
- VM hosting
- Rack space
Switches, tools; see the TheftBook