The Mice in Council Once upon a time all the mice met together in council, and discussed the best means of securing themselves against the attacks of the cat. After several suggestions had been debated, a mouse of some standing and experience got up and said, "I think I have hit upon a plan which will ensure our safety in the future, provided you approve and carry it out. It is that we should fasten a bell around the neck of our enemy the cat, which will by its tinkling warn us of her approach." This proposal was warmly applauded, and it had been already decided to adopt it, when an old mouse got upon his feet and said, "I agree with you all that the plan before us is an admirable one: but may I ask who is going to bell the cat?"
When a new committee is elected, it is important to make sure that a number of things are properly handed over so that the club can continue to function normally. Here is a rudimentary checklist of things which should be done shortly following the AGM, ideally in the presence of both current and former committee members.
- Fill out the Guild form for executive committee members.
Afterwards, someone can log into MyGuild and update the UCC committee positions listing as it appears on the Guild website.
Give new committee the admin password for the mailing lists.
- Go down to Westpac in Guild Village and transfer the accounts from old exec to new exec.
Exec committee members run uccpass setup committee and someone from the old committee run uccpass reload committee.
- Ask a wheel member or [FVP] for help.
- Transfer Paypal and Square accounts to member of new exec and change the passwords.
Update list of executive committee members on ACNC (can be found under "Responsible Persons" in the ACNC Charity Portal).
- The login details are available in uccpass, ask a wheel member for help.
- Update message Of The Day by running /home/other/committee/bin/vimotd.pl and changing names of committee members
- Wheel also has to update various things, ask the nearest wheel member to help, e.g.:
- Website updates:
HowToUCC Has things like screen and IRC
The Key Register - who has which keys